According to research, about 40% of men in their 40s have erectile dysfunction. Though it is a problem that one may find embarrassing to discuss, yet only proper diagnosis and treatment can help you overcome it. In the language of Wikipedia, “Erectile Dysfunction (ED) or impotence is a sexual dysfunction characterized by the inability to develop or maintain an erection of the penis during sexual activity.” It has always been a matter of much concern among men, but with the launch of medicines to take care of this problem, they can now heave a sigh of relief.
The name is Sidegra. Sidegra is the generic version of the anti-impotence drug Viagra, which is a product of the US pharmaceutical giant Pfizer. Thailand has approved the availability of Sidegra in the country at an affordable rate and hence, is now legally sold. It is manufactured by The Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO) of Thailand to tackle fake production. This popular medication works to perk up the sexual experience a man can have thus, strengthening their sex life.
Sidegra is composed of Sildenafil which works by flowing into the bloodstream and into the enzymes known as PDE5 enzyme. When the PDE5 enzymes are impacted by the medicine, the blood vessels in the penis become relaxed, which in turn increases the blood flow and causes an erection.
History of Sildenafil:
Initially researched for use in the treatment of high blood pressure and angina pectoris, Sildenafil was compounded by a group of pharmaceutical chemists who were working at Pfizer’s Sandwich, Kent. The first trial was clinically conducted in Morriston Hospital in Swansea which then brought to light its benefits for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. In the year 1996, the drug was patented and on 27th March 1998 the FDA gave its consent for its use in erectile dysfunction. It went on to become the first oral medicine in the United States to treat erectile dysfunction.
Things to know before taking Sidegra
- Sidegra is not recommended for those who are already taking medicine to control high blood pressure. Since sidegra is known to relax the body, the combination can prove dangerous.
- Irregular or unusual heart beats, blood in urine, urinary tract infection are some of the serious side effects of Sidegra.
- Sidegra can cause blurry vision in some men, though for a brief period of time. It may also cause adverse effect on the cone cells.
- Some other common side effects one may experience are headache, indigestion, diarrhea, rash, flushing, dizziness, nasal congestion etc.
- It is recommended to take your doctor’s suggestion before taking Sidegra to avoid the side effects associated with it.